Join Our Team!
The Duke of Cornwall Hotel are looking for a Marketing and Events Assistant to join their team. The ideal candidate would be full of creative energy, have a real passion for the city and all it has to offer and thoroughly enjoy writing content for websites and other ventures. They need to be able to work well in a small team, be organised, friendly and able to juggle multiple jobs to a deadline.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Running, scheduling and writing content on all social media platforms. You will be responsible for implementing campaigns. You will also be in charge of a monthly audit and keeping the impact figures up to date.
- Writing of all material that is put onto the hotel blog page – this means keeping up to date with stories that are happening in the hotel, outside stories that may be relevant to the hotel and also our monthly blog posts that require research and communication with outside companies and individuals. An individual who loves creating new ideas is essential.
- Upkeep of the hotels website. Keeping our events page up to date with all events in the hotel and in Plymouth.
- Assisting the Director of Marketing with any jobs that are required. This could be anything from calling a company about advertising, covering events, writing Press Releases and so much more.
- Organisation of hotels PR coverage.
- Creating content for advertising, in house events / news and online platforms.
- Assisting the Events Manager with day to day tasks. Booking in customers, organising paperwork, typing up letters and forms and answering phones. Keeping up to date with Tea at the Top bookings, printing and organising menu cards, occasional assisting of setting up ballroom events.
- Assisting the Hotel Directors with admin and HR support.
You will need to demonstrate
- Excellent writing skills
- Great communication skills
- IT literate with a broad range of administrative skills
- Excellent customer service skills and good telephone manner
- A smart, professional appearance
- Knowledge and passion for all social media platforms
- Great organisational skills with the ability to juggle several tasks and work to deadlines
This is an incredibly diverse role and offers a great opportunity to he right candidate, no two days will be the same from one day assisting with stylised wedding shoots, to the next attending meetings about anything from marketing an event to website maintenance to meeting Head Chef to creatively advertise our award winning restaurant.
The ideal candidate would have two years’ experience in an administrative role, however this is not essential as we offer training and development for those looking to take the next step forward in their career. Whilst this is a full time Monday – Friday position, this job requires full flexibility and occasional evening and weekend hours.
The hotel has progressed so much is recent times and this role is key to progressing the energy and passion and playing a part in the next chapter.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please send your CV to email@example.com , or hand it in to reception clearly marked ‘Marketing and Events Assistant Job Opportunity’. If you have any queries, please call 01752 275850.
Deadline for applications is Sunday 7th August