Add a Kid for a Quid!
Explore together this summer with Plymouth Citybus’ great value Kid for a Quid ticket! Up to three kids can be added to any fare or concessionary pass, for all journeys throughout Plymouth and East Cornwall throughout July and August. With hundreds of destinations it’s a great way to entertain the kids throughout the summer holidays. It couldn’t be easier to do – just hop on board and ask the driver for a Kid for a Quid ticket.
CityBus have come up with five top tips for your Kid for a Quid ticket this summer!
- £1 is all you need! Concession passes can add a kid for a quid ticket as well as adult paying fares
- If you’re going again! If you are visiting an attraction for a second time make sure you do it before 31st August to get your Kid for a Quid ticket
- Time it well. Most attractions offer reduced price tickets if booked in advance. Your Kid for a Quid ticket can be purchased from 1st July to 31st August, so book your trip in time.
- Come rain or shine. Have a back up plan for wet weather. There are plenty of indoor attractions for you to visit in Plymouth and Cornwall
- Be spontaneous. For those days without a plan you can travel all day with your Kid for a Quid ticket
For your summer days out, here are some handy services to catch:
Service: 40, 46A, 46B Oakehampton – go and spend the day exploring the remains of the largest castle in Devon in this beautiful town.
Service 70: Whitsand Bay – dip your toes in the sea at this stunning bay, spend the day exploring the coastal walks or take a dive to the shipwreck below.
Service 71A: Looe – head over to the Monkey Sanctuary for a day of fun with our tree-top friends set in beautiful woodland with walks aplenty!
Service 73: Polperro – take a walk through Polperro’s model villiage, a miniature version of their own village with the delightful addition of many exciting references to Cornish Myth and Legend!
Service 11A: Padstow – there is lots to do with the kids in Padstow, from taking a walk through the streets to visiting the National Lobster Hatchery and not forgetting the Padstow Mystery Treasure Trail!
Service 12: Bude – the list is huge for things to do in Bude with the kids. Visit The Splash for indoor water fun, Atlantic Pursuits for outdoor water fun, the Tamar Lakes Country Park for endless activities to keep both parents and children active and Harlequins Leisure is there to save the day should the rain pour!
Full list of timetables can be found here.