From 24th September all guests, visitors and staff must wear a face covering. You may remove your face covering in your private bedroom and once sat at a table within the restaurant or bar. If you have forgotten a face covering we have them available at reception to purchase for £1.50 each.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Booking and Arrival…
- We will contact you in the normal way during your booking process. We will share our Covid-19 Charter with you and ask that you read it prior to arrival. This is the time to tell us if you have any specific requirements during your stay.
- On arrival please check in at reception, making sure to use the sanitising stations on entry to the hotel. Please help to aid social distancing by only one person from your group checking in at reception. Others in your party can wait nearby or in the lounge. We may have a member of staff coordinating the flow of guests at peak times. We will have sanitised pens for your use, please place in the used pot after use.
- We won’t be offering luggage assistance unless you would normally struggle to carry your bags, in which case we’ll be happy to help safely.
- We will be adhering to the 2m social distance where possible. Don’t think we are being rude if we step away from you, it’s in all our interests to keep safe. We will be happy to chat and catch up at a safe distance.
- Reception may look a little different with a screen and floor markings, please help by staying at a safe distance and only visiting reception if you need to.
- Car registrations, please remember to register your vehicle on the Parking Eye terminal at reception, sanitising wipes will be available at reception for guest use. We are also happy to enter your car reg if you’d rather? Just make sure you can see us enter it, just so we get it right!
- Children are very welcome to stay. All we ask, is that they are supervised by a parent, at all times; doggies welcome too 😊.
- We will have reduced seating in our bar, lounge and restaurant, please be considerate of others when moving around the building, giving way when polite. Luckily, we have nice wide corridors so we shouldn’t have any traffic jams!
- You will find extra hand sanitising stations on the entrance to the bar, lounge and restaurant. Please use these each time you pass by, along with regular hand washing (we will be!).
- Some of our public area WC’s will be closed off, allowing just the main, ground floor ones to remain. This is temporary and will allow us to keep a close eye on standards and hygiene. If you are happier using your private bathroom then please do. Please remember to wash your hands for 20 seconds or more.
- We’ll be leaving the front entrance doors open to aid air flow and to reduce hand contact risks. They will be locked at night….
- Our car park entrance will remain on an intercom system and will be regularly cleaned. Please respect people’s space when travelling from the car park to the hotel via the walkway, and vice versa.
- You’ll see us out and about, cleaning hard surfaces and hand contact points at regular intervals.
- We will be running a reduced bar style menu and not our usual restaurant menu. We are offering dinner inclusive rates online should you wish to dine off our daily menu (available subject to booking).
- All guest rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised before your stay. If we don’t have them ready by 2pm then please be patient as we will be working hard to ensure the standards are met and double checked.
- We will only service/clean your guest room on every 3rd night unless you ask us otherwise. Bedrooms will only be cleaned when you are out of the room and by staff wearing the required PPE.
- Bedrooms will be supplied with single use consumables and at a lower volume. If you need more just give us a call at reception and we will safely provide you with more. Literature will be removed from guest rooms to avoid any potential cross-contamination.
- You will receive a welcome letter and sanitised room key-card on arrival, this will have key information and will contain our current slightly reduced menus. Please keep this with you or make a mental note of your food choices. We will have limited menus available in the bar and restaurant.
- Please adhere to social distance guidelines in the restaurant and bar. We will be providing a table service for all food and drink. Staff will take your order at a safe distance and bring your items to you. We will step briefly into your space, only to deliver your items. We may well step back to have a ‘natter’ if we have time?!
- Please book restaurant tables with reception as we will be ensuring that we stagger timings to aid social distancing. Tables will be sanitised and clear of any items. We will bring you your own cutlery with your meal. Please remember to tell us if you have any dietary needs.
- Breakfast will be served as normal in our restaurant. There will be a reduced menu and no self-service buffet. We will bring your order to you. We will do our best to ensure speed of service, you may experience a slight wait at times. Please wait to be seated in the restaurant as usual.
- We will be avoiding the use of cash, so would appreciate contactless payment where possible. We are happy to take payment over the phone if you prefer, just call reception during your stay to arrange.
- It is law from 24th September that guests must wear a face covering in all public areas, corridors, bars and restaurants including use of restrooms. You can remove your face covering once seated in the restaurant or bar. Please be mindful of how you handle your face covering and where you place it during your meal or drinks.
- If you sadly develop symptoms of Coronavirus during your stay, let us know by phone immediately. We would then expect that you leave the hotel to return home to self-isolate and report your illness to NHS Test and Trace on 119. Any room suspected of being infected with Covid-19 will be secured for a minimum of 72 hours before being deep cleaned inline with our Bespoke Hotels CSC Covid-19 Policy.
- We will be providing an express check out service, we will take payment for your room nights and any pre-booked food on arrival, we will then charge for any extras you’ve taken on departure. That way you can drop off your room key on the way out or leave in your bedroom. Invoices can be emailed once you have checked out.
- We have all been formally trained in the prevention of Covid-19 in the workplace. We will have our temperature checked on arrival at work and will sign a fitness declaration. We will all carry our own personal hand sanitiser, which will be used in between all interactions. Covid 19 Certificate of Completion Peter Adams
- We won’t be seeing much of each other as we need to stay apart so we’ll be glad to see you, our customers, and have a safe catch up chat.
- Staff will be wearing face coverings as required by law unless they have a medical exemption.
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us at
we really can’t wait to welcome you back to the ‘Duke’.
As part of our Covid-19 procedures, we will be required to collect data on all diners/visitors including your name, email and/or phone number
This information is being collected to assist the NHS Test and Trace service for tracing close recent contacts of anyone testing positive for coronavirus. It will be given to NHS Test and Trace on request in the event that it is required for contact tracing purposes. We will not use it for any other purpose, and will destroy it after eight weeks.
It will be kept here at Bespoke Hotels (Plymouth) Limited. You have a right to access and correct any information we hold about you. For any questions about this notice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org