Reduction of COVID restrictions from 19th July 2021
Thank you in advance for your support.
Booking and Arrival…
- We will contact you in the normal way during your booking process. This is the time to tell us if you have any specific requirements during your stay.
- On arrival please check in at reception, making sure to use the sanitising stations on entry to the hotel. Please be aware of space and other people that may wish to keep their distance from others.
- We won’t be offering luggage assistance unless you would normally struggle to carry your bags, in which case we’ll be happy to help safely.
- Whilst legal social distancing has been removed we still feel that’s sensible to remain a safe distance from others you don’t normally meet.
- Reception may look a little different with a screen and floor markings, please help by staying at a safe distance and only visiting reception if you need to.
- Car registrations, please remember to register your vehicle on the Parking Eye terminal at reception, sanitising wipes will be available at reception for guest use. We are also happy to enter your car reg if you’d rather? Just make sure you can see us enter it, just so we get it right!
- Children are very welcome to stay. All we ask, is that they are supervised by a parent, at all times; doggies welcome too 😊.
- We’ve spaced our tables so that there is a nice polite distance from other tables.
- Face coverings can be worn by guests and we would encourage their use, although it is a personal choice and not a requirement.
- You will find extra hand sanitising stations on the entrance to the bar, lounge and restaurant. Please use these each time you pass by, along with regular hand washing (we will be!).
- Some of our public area WC’s will be closed off, allowing just the main, ground floor ones to remain. This is temporary and will allow us to keep a close eye on standards and hygiene. If you are happier using your private bathroom then please do. Please remember to wash your hands for 20 seconds or more.
- We’ll be leaving the front entrance doors open to aid air flow and to reduce hand contact risks. They will be locked at night….
- Our car park entrance will remain on an intercom system and will be regularly cleaned. Please respect people’s space when travelling from the car park to the hotel via the walkway, and vice versa.
- You’ll see us out and about, cleaning hard surfaces and hand contact points at regular intervals.
- We will be running a reduced bar style menu and not our usual restaurant menu.
- All guest rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised before your stay. If we don’t have them ready by 3pm then please be patient as we will be working hard to ensure the standards are met and double checked.
- Bedrooms will only be cleaned when you are out of the room and by staff wearing the required PPE.
- Bedrooms will be supplied with single use consumables and at a lower volume. If you need more just give us a call at reception and we will safely provide you with more. Literature will be removed from guest rooms to avoid any potential cross-contamination.
- Breakfast will be served as normal in our restaurant. The buffet is back open, please use the hand sanitiser when visiting the buffet.
- We will be avoiding the use of cash, so would appreciate contactless payment where possible. We are happy to take payment over the phone if you prefer, just call reception during your stay to arrange.
- If you sadly develop symptoms of Coronavirus during your stay, let us know by phone immediately. We would then expect that you leave the hotel to return home to self-isolate and report your illness to NHS Test and Trace on 119. Any room suspected of being infected with Covid-19 will be secured for a minimum of 72 hours before being deep cleaned inline with our Covid Policy.
- We will be providing an express check out service, we will take payment for your room nights and any pre-booked food on arrival, we will then charge for any extras you’ve taken on departure. That way you can drop off your room key on the way out or leave in your bedroom. Invoices can be emailed once you have checked out.
- We have all been formally trained in the prevention of Covid-19 in the workplace. We will have our temperature checked on arrival at work and will sign a fitness declaration. We will all carry our own personal hand sanitiser, which will be used in between all interactions. Covid 19 Certificate of Completion Peter Adams
- Staff will continue to wear a face covering unless they have a medical exemption.
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us at
we really can’t wait to welcome you back to the ‘Duke’.